Tell us about yourself! (Where you live, hobbies, background)
- We reside in Lake St. Louis, Missouri. My hobbies are a bit of a mixed bag. I am a huge fan of military history and equipment, sci-fi, the Milwaukee Bucks, Green Bay Packers, and Kansas City Chiefs. I’ve been in the field of education for over 20 years. I was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Tell us about your family! (spouse, children, grandchildren, pets)
- My wife and I have been married for 20 years. We have a daughter that will be a senior and a son that will be in third grade in the fall.
Tell us a fun fact about yourself!
- There was a time when I wanted to be a fighter pilot. The F-14 to be specific.
Who is your biggest role model?
- My father, he is my role model. His example had a tremendous impact on me growing up and still does to this very day. In July, my parents will celebrate their 50th anniversary.
What is your favorite book/ movie/ tvshow?
- The 21 Irrefutable. Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell. The Empire Strikes Back. This is Us and Jack Ryan.
If you could have one superpower what would you want it to be?
- The ability to fly
Do you live by any piece of advice or life motto?
- “Man makes plans and God laughs.” I find that statement to be both humbling and exceedingly true.
What is something you own that you cannot live without?
- My cell phone is increasingly non-negotiable for the work that I do.
Do you have a favorite type of exercise?
- I like to walk, typically at a pretty good pace.
How do you deal with work stress?
- This is a continued opportunity for improvement for me. This semester has been unlike anything schools have ever seen before. You can’t pour out if the cup is empty. I believe that self-care is even more critical than ever before. Making and taking the time to take care of myself, in all candor, I am still working to get there.
If you could encourage someone else to volunteer with Community Strong, what would you say?
- We are strong together but even stronger when we are balanced and managing all that life can throw our way.
What is your go-to healthy habit?
- I am avoiding the candy bowls and dishes at work. I have significantly reduced the amount of candy that I am eating.
How do you volunteer with Community Strong?
- I serve on the Community Strong Steering Committee. This is a committed group of professionals focused on the health and wellbeing of St. Charles County.
What have you learned about yourself through volunteering with Community Strong?
- I have a few takeaways. Balance, true balance is easier said than done. We can all contribute in some way, shape, or form everyone can. Saint Charles County is at its best when it is working together.
— interview conducted by Maddie Fischer, Intern, Community Strong SCC
*Maddie is currently pursuing a degree in English Literature with a minor in Professional Communications. If you would like to contact her about independent writing projects, please email her at email@example.com