Time Commitment: 1.5 hour meeting each month to examine projects, consider potential or existing barriers, and to discuss next steps and upcoming tasks.
- Develop a new and sustainable certification framework to award and celebrate area organizations for innovation and excellence in creating a culture of health and well-being in the workplace.
- Improve health and wellness outcomes in local businesses, community, campus, congregation through the Chambers of Commerce
- Advocate for simple active and healthy living
- Leveraging the wealth of research that suggests workplace cultures of health often facilitate high ROI outcomes for the employees and employers
- Grow personally: Play a key role in efforts to help people in your community live healthy and happy lives. The Americans’ Changing Lives Survey- and a wealth of similar research- validates the concept that volunteers experience greater life satisfaction and overall better health than non-volunteers.
- Grow professionally: Gaining experience in evidence-based public health initiatives can help you grow professionally- explore new or enhance your existing career path through refining and demonstrating your skill sets in a way that positively impacts the people around you. Volunteers are 27 percent more likely to find a job than non-volunteers according to a report from the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Workplace Wellness specialist
Any professionals with experience in developing, managing/coordinating (or simply has an enthusiasm for) workplace wellness.
Nutrition & exercise specialist
Has a background/experience in physical fitness and/or nutritional science.
Anyone with expertise in conveying information cogently and strategically based upon target audience
Anyone within a professional category (or students) that can write cogent, and grammatically impeccable prose
Has experience with survey/data collection, analysis, and reporting- anyone with experience developing/managing/coordinating workplace or community assessments
Has experience/skill in navigating and extrapolating information relating to employer health insurance/benefits
Substance cessation- mental health specialist
Has experience in addiction rehabilitation and/or general mental health interventions
Has experience/skill in rallying the larger community- development/advancement of community and business partners
Has experience planning, managing/coordinating events
Has experience in personnel management/coordination roles- knows how to motivate individuals in the workplace and understands how workplace policy is decided/implemented.
Has experience using graphic design software to create flyers and embellish existing document/graphic types
Digital marketing specialists
Has experience in planning, implementing, and analyzing any of the various online marketing campaigns types
Business Development- Sales
Has skill in leveraging creativity/information/resources to articulate incentives to employers and employees.