Time Commitment: 1.5 hour meeting each month to examine projects, consider potential or existing barriers, and to discuss next steps and upcoming tasks.
- Initiative to advocate improving nutrition and increasing active living to prevent the onset of chronic disease as well as the promotion of early detection, screenings, and assessments through social connectivity.
- Convene businesses, organizations, health systems, nonprofits, First Responders, churches, and schools to help St. Charles County residents live longer and healthier lives by focusing on increasing access to healthy foods, enhancing the built environment to support active living, and creating a culture of health and wellness through community engagement
- Grow personally: Play a key role in efforts to help people in your community live healthy and happy lives. The Americans’ Changing Lives Survey- and a wealth of similar research- validates the concept that volunteers experience greater life satisfaction and overall better health than non-volunteers.
- Grow professionally: Gaining experience in evidence-based public health initiatives can help you grow professionally- explore new or enhance your existing career path through refining and demonstrating your skill sets in a way that positively impacts the people around you. Volunteers are 27 percent more likely to find a job than non-volunteers according to a report from the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Desired Skill sets
Exercise and/or Nutrition Specialists:
- Will have a background/experience in exercise physical fitness and/or nutritional science
Clinical Care specialists (Chronic Disease emphasis):
- Anyone with clinical experience – ideally, in clinic management/administration/Coordination or roles with an emphasis in chronic disease management/prevention
Community Outreach specialists:
- Will have experience in creating and developing community and business partnerships
Communications/Public relations specialist:
- Anyone with expertise in conveying information cogently and strategically based upon target audience